When Did This Start?

Tuesday
March 25, 2020
Day 2


I like to think this is where my mom and dad are ... to me this is heaven.
Where the ocean meets the sky.
Where there’s no horizon.

When did it start?
The beginning of the unknown?
For me it was Thursday, March 19.
Our friends, Ted & Betty and Miles & Kathy, abruptly ended their winter stay in the Florida Keys to go home.
Home to their safe place.
They will self quarantine, wash their hands and practice social distancing.
Will I see them again? 😞
Will they want to see me? 🤣

We haven’t seen Jen & Pat or Deacon & Kathy.
They’re only about 10 miles away!
Social distancing sucks. 😡

The rest of the world was made aware of this cruel Coronavirus sometime in January.
Why did it take so long for me to get the news?

Perhaps I was in denial?
I live on an island! We’re so isolated!
There’s no one sick here!
This virus can’t possibly survive here!
The UV rays will kill it!
Sure Gigi. 😎

Until ... the first known case hit Key Largo at Ocean Reef.
Someone had tested positive for COVID-19 while traveling overseas.
They have recovered.

Now I know.
I’m not in denial.
It started before our little island paradise would be prepared.
Tomorrow we will wake up to a new list of mandated closures.
For today ...
🙏


















Comments

  1. We got this in the Keys!! Only 4 cases . Keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! - Cassie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, we'll be back! Not sure when, but we will. Absolutely missing the sun, the breezes, and the warmth, but know we made the right decision for us to come home. Miss all of our friends, but honestly miss our family and hugs the most. Stay healthy, my friends 💖

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

From A Distance

Happy Birthday Laura